Views from Villa Lante by Vignola in Bagnaia, Italy.
I created a narrative as I was walking through the gardens; treating the procession as some kind of epic journey/quest for the holy grail.
1. “Sculpture points the way forward to ascent. What lies ahead?
2. "A path diverted. A choice… Which is the true path? The mystical plantings raise more questions…”
3. “Greeted by a water choir-a shady respite on our journey.”
4. “Stopping for a snack with giants. Water fountains tower ahead making us seem even smaller.”
5. “Natural elements become a staircase. Walls made of shrubbery, a refreshing handrail. The Holy Grail is within our grasp.”
6. “The true reward-not the grail, but the eternal source."